- August 11, 2012: Tiger Woods played in the 2012 PGA Championship at nearby Kiawah Island, and his boat, Privacy, was docked at Bohicket Marina:
It's the BIG boat
- May 7, 2011: The four VELUX 5 solo ocean racing sailboats were in Charleston.
We visited them at the Seabreeze Marina.
The boats were in two different segments of the marina; Le Pingouin and Spartan were together; Active House and Operon Racing were in a different part of the marina.
- April 8, 2011: Views from our boat, at the Charleston Harbor Marina, looking towards the Yorktown: --1-- --2--.
- November 26, 2009 (Thanksgiving Day): Our shakedown cruise in Charleston Harbor: we sail out to Fort Sumter and back.
After heavy fog in the morning, bright sunshine and wonderful wind.
View of Charleston Harbor Marina as we leave.
We're under sail!
We were just outside the channel as this ship roared past.
Looking back at the Ravenel Bridge.
Both the bridge and the marina.
Homes along the north side of the harbor.
Two automobile transports: one coming in, one just left.
Frank at the helm. (Thanks again, Frank, for your help!)
- November 24, 2009: We move Mistral (under diesel power) down the Wando River from City Boatyard to Charleston Harbor Marina.
It was a foggy, dreary day with no wind (and fortunately, no rain!).
Steph and Bill at the Charleston Harbor Resort while we waited for the City Boatyard driver to pick us up to go the the Boatyard to retrieve Mistral.
Frank at the Resort.
Entrance to the Resort.
This was not our ride from the marina to the boatyard.
Mistral was waiting for us at the City Boatyard.
The bridge at I-526.
It's actually twin bridges.
Santa at the helm!
Wando Welch Terminal.
Steph. Ravenel Bridge ahead.
Underside of the bridge.
Bill at the helm. Almost there. Very tired.
The Yorktown is just upstream of the marina. Makes it easy to find the marina...
Mistral at her new slip.
Ditto. This shot shows the Yorktown in the background.
D Dock. Our boat is a long walk down the dock, and on the right.
View of the harbor from Charleston Harbor Marina. Notice complete absence of wind.
Steph and Santa. (Thanks, Frank, for your help!)
|Return to Page One of Katz & Dawgs Unlimited||
. . . as of August 22, 2012